Monday Night Pasta
Recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman if you haven't checked her site out hop on over it is worth it!!!
Pasta with Bacon and Mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 slices Thin Bacon, Cut Into 1/2-inch Pieces
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 package (10 Ounce) Mushrooms, Sliced Thin
- 1 cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 cup Half-and-half
- ¼ cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 whole Green Onions, White And Light Green Parts Sliced
- ¼ cups Flat-leaf Parsley, Minced
- ½ cups Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound Thin Spaghetti Or Angel Hair Pasta
Go ahead and put the water on to boil for the pasta.
Then chop up the bacon and heat up the olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the bacon until just brown not crispy (thats the key ~ cooked but not crispy) I used regular bacon here but if you have pancetta I am sure it would be that much better. Remove from pan set aside.
Slice the mushrooms, now the recipe calls for white button mushrooms but you could use whatever mushrooms you like, just not canned a definite sin :)
I found these lovely organic mushrooms mmmmm good
- Aren't they pretty? Can mushrooms be pretty hmmm I think so...
- Dice up some garlic and throw it all in the pan increase the heat to high and brown up those mushrooms about 4 minutes.
See again how pretty.....
Next add in the chicken broth and cook until the liquid is reduced by half about 5 or 6 minutes
Reduce the heat to medium and add in the half and half and cream ( I know it looks like alot of liquid trust me!) Stir it around for a few minutes and the sauce will thicken.
Once it has thickened add in the bacon, green onions and the parsely.
Toss in some Parmesean cheese and voila! Toss it together with your pasta and
dinner is served!